'We can only imagine a hospice world with you - not one without’.
Volunteers at hospice make a big difference and are of our community representing our vision, translating it into action.
'Excellence', a hospice value starts with the right people joining our volunteer workforce and is then seen in the recruitment experience, on-the-job training, through education opportunities and how we respect and care for each other. Volunteers help us to develop our vision, bringing a new viewpoint that in the past enriched our beginning as it now enriches our future.
Would you like to join us as a volunteer ?
Come on board for 6 months, 6 years , 16 years or longer !
You can volunteer in a number of ways:
- Regularly in our shops or Processing Centre helping to turn the donations into the necessary funds to support our Hospice operations - at Tikipunga in our In Patient Unit or out in the community where we support people to stay in the comfort of their own home or other residential care.
- Provide therapy support through helping patients’ record life experiences as part of our Life Reflections service.
- Give the gift of touch through our Nurturing Touch palliative massage therapy.
- Support people living at home through visiting with patients to give carers respite, providing transport to appointments or give outings those isolated through geographic location or disability, (we have a mobility van).
- You can volunteer in our in-patient unit which involves rostered 4 hours shifts (8-midday, midday to 4pm and 4 – 8pm a service that takes place 365 days a year).
- You might have special skills or a particular interest and like to help with floristry, gardening or a wide range of other hospice based activities.
- You can help to raise funds during some of our events and campaigns such as Memory Trees and Shorts for Hospice.
You could volunteer too... Hospice needs more volunteers.
If you have the gift of time and would like to be involved with a fun, energetic team at our shops please click here.