During COVID-19 'traffic lights' red or orange
New Zealand has now moved from Alert Levels to the COVID-19 Protection Framework (red, organge and green 'traffic light' system) for 'living with COVID in our communities'. The Northland region is currently at the Red Traffic Light. It is expected that COVID will spread around New Zealand and we need to be prepared.
We all know what to do: COVID vaccinations, tracing code scanning, surgical mask wearing, hand washing and sanitising, physical distancing, staying home if unwell, etc. These are all health measures currently in place to help us prevent the spread of COVID in our service.
For the most part, life at North Haven Hospice will be business and services as usual. All staff and volunteers with North Haven Hospice are fully vaccinated.
To help us protect the health and wellbeing of people in our care, our staff and volunteers, we have the following measures for all patients and visitors at our premises/in-patient unit; and for customers at our two Hospice Shops. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
North Haven Hospice premises at 24a Takahe St, Tikipunga, Whangarei
- Patients are not required to be vaccinated.
- There will be COVID-19 screening questions for patients.
- Any patient with any symptoms of COVID will need to have a COVID test.
- Patients who test positive for COVID will still be accepted into our service, and will be cared for at their homes or place of residence.
- Patients do not have to wear masks if it is inappropriate for them to do so.
- Each patient staying in our IPU can have four designated visitors. If the patient is in a single room, only two of these designated visitors can be inside at any one time.
- All visitors aged 12 and over must be vaccinated OR have had a negative COVID test 72 hours prior to visiting the IPU, plus every 72 hours after that.
- All visitors under the age of 12 will need a negative COVID test 72 hours prior to visiting the IPU.
- Any visitor showing symptoms will not be granted entry to the IPU.
- All visitors to sign-in and acknowledge our screening questions.
- Visitors to IPU are to wear surgical masks at all times (we will have these available).
- Visitors must use hand sanitiser upon entry/exit to the building and patient rooms.
- Visiting hours are from 8am to 6pm, unless you're a designated visitor staying overnight.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. For any queries, please phone 09 437 3355. For updates, please follow our Hospice Facebook page.
North Haven Hospice Shops in Whangarei and Waipu
- Please do not visit if you are unwell (including mild cold symptoms). Our Hospice Shops rely on our wonderful volunteers, many who are older people and more vulnerable.
- All customers, volunteers and staff must use the COVID Tracer App and scan in using the QR code OR fill out a COVID-19 Record Keeping Slip coupon.
- Standard infection control masks (cloth or surgical) covering your mouth and nose are mandatory.
- Please sanitise your hands before handling goods or going to the counter.
- Our Hospice Shop in Whangarei can accept donations of goods. Please deliver these to our Drop Off Zone which can be accessed via the carpark off John St or the alleyway off James St. Please phone 09 438 1050 to have large items collected.
- Also, please do not leave any items outside the front, sides or back of our shops. They risk being rummaged through and potentially damaged, and anything not sellable costs us a significant amount of money to dispose of; money we simply cannot spare.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. For any queries, please phone 09 438 1050. For updates, please follow our Shops Facebook page.