North Haven Hospice Shop – Whangārei
North Haven Hospice Shop – Waipu
Donating goods to us
Our North Haven Hospice Shops rely on donated goods, as well as customers and volunteers. We simply could not continue without your support. Thank you! To recognise your generosity, we aim to make as much as we can from your donated goods. Our retail sales contribute to the specialist care for local people and their families and whānau.
We can only accept donated goods that are clean, complete, of good quality and in working order. Goods that don’t meet these criteria result in high rubbish removal costs taking funds away from where it is needed the most.
For this reason, please do not leave goods outside our shops at any time, as they are likely to be rummaged through and damaged or stolen.
We offer a free collection service for large items. Thank you to Harcourts Whangārei and Bream Bay for your annual $10,000 sponsorship covering our Hospice Shop truck operations. We truly appreciate your significant and generous support.
We make every effort to minimise our costs, and even with the sales from the shop, North Haven needs significant further donations each year.
- To donate to our Whangārei shop, goods can be delivered to our drop-off zone on weekdays between 8:00am and 3:30pm and on Saturdays between 9:00am and 1:00pm. The entrance is from John St on the right or by the lane way behind the shop on James St. Please contact 09 438 1050.
- To donate to our Waipu shop, goods can be delivered to the shop at 14 The Centre on weekdays between 9:00am and 3:30pm, on Saturdays between 9:00am and 1:00pm and on Sundays between 10:00am and 1:00pm. Please contact 09 432 1342.
We cannot accept the following items:
- fridge/freezers with mould on seals or inside, seals not working, or that smell bad
- hard drives
- electric blankets
- hot water bottles
- car seats
- electric stoves
- gas stoves
- gas heaters
- electric bar heaters
- hazardous substances
- divan beds
- wooden music organs
- curved screen TVs with no white, red and yellow inputs
- oversize curtain rods
- oversize blinds
- large/heavy wooden office desks
- unsellable goods